skip to Main Content
EU Grants Funding To Almería Port Fishing Project

EU grants funding to Almería port fishing project

EU Grants Funding To Almería Port Fishing Project© Autoridad Portuaria de Almería

Almería, Spain (PortSEurope) August 8, 2019 – Autoridad Portuaria de Almería (APA – Port Authority of Almería) is to undertake a project to improve the landing zone and anchorage of small fishing vessels at the port.

To finance the project, APA will receive a grant of €971,075 from European Union funds and the Andalusian Government, which account for 80% of the total investment, which amounts to €1.21 million. The rest will be provided by the Port Authority.

Works will begin in the coming months and are expected to be completed by the end of 2020.

Of €971,000 subsidy, 75% is provided by the EU under the European Maritime and Fisheries Fund (FEMP), and the remaining 25% will be assumed by the Andalusian Board, with funds from the Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries.

Source: Autoridad Portuaria de Almería

Copyright (C) PortSEurope. All Rights Reserved. 2019.

Back To Top