skip to Main Content
GMC To Acquire Zouros Group, A Greek Towage Company

GMC to acquire Zouros group, a Greek towage company

GMC To Acquire Zouros Group, A Greek Towage CompanySource: Hellenic Republic Asset Development Fund

Piraeus, Greece (PortSEurope) June 20, 2019 – A letter of intent has been signed for GMC to acquire 80% of the assets and operational interests in Zouros Group.

The two companies tog fleets will be brought together in a new company in which GMC will hold 80% and operational responsibility. Zouros will hold the remaining 20%.

GMC is a recently Greek incorporated company equally owned by Rimorchiatori Mediterranei Spa, Neri Group and Cafimar–Rimorchiatori Laziali whom together have a fleet of about 200 tugs. The Italian companies have a strong harbour towage presence in Italy, in the Mediterranean Sea as well as beyond.

Zouros Group is composed of a number of shipping companies, owners and operators of a large number of vessels mainly in offshore and port supply. The fleet is comprised of Anchor Handling Tug Supply (AHTS) vessels, ocean going-tugs, harbour tugs and freight and personnel-carrying launch boats. Ownership of all these companies is currently the Zouros family.

Copyright (C) PortSEurope. All Rights Reserved. 2019.

Back To Top