Valletta, Malta (PortSEurope) January 25, 2019 – Malta has hosted the European Commission’s ” Blue Invest in the Mediterranean 2019 ” event.
The meeting event was established to bring together innovators and the financial community on both sides of the Mediterranean to sustainably develop the blue economy of the Mediterranean Sea while protecting its marine resources.
The blue economy has enormous potential for generating sustainable growth. In the European Union – from the Mediterranean to the Baltic Sea – via the Atlantic, it generates €566 billion and creates jobs for nearly 3.5 million people.
Speaking at the event, Karmenu Vella, European Commissioner for Environment, Fisheries and Maritime Affairs, said: “Blue Invest MED is a new recognition that we must continue to invest in ensuring clean and healthy oceans that become an integral part of our economy, supporting jobs and growth. financing are not just companies, but our society in general”.
The event attracted:
- Innovators with projects that can have a positive impact on the health of the Mediterranean Sea and tap its economic potential
- Blue economy innovators who want to pitch
- Business, especially SMEs, start-ups and scale-ups
- Business accelerators
- Public and private financial institutions investing or willing to invest in the blue economy
- Maritime clusters
- Anyone with a keen professional interest in the subject
Source: Blue Invest Mediterranean
Copyright (C) PortSEurope. All Rights Reserved. 2019.