Marseille, France (PortSEurope) October 11, 2018 – Marseilles port (GPMM), Chamber of Commerce and Industry Marseille-Provence (CCIMP) and Aix-Marseille University have jointly launched the Smartport Challenge in Med.
The challenge requires answers to seven challenges posed by organisation around the port. The are:
- How to optimize the container output operations of a terminal by using the available data? (CMA CGM);
- How to establish a port cyber-mapping? (Naval Group);
- How to interface a carrier’s route management system with the RFID tag on the trailer and its docking location? (La Méridionale);
- How to better inform users on and around the port? (Les Terraces du Port);
- How to rely on renewable energies for connecting ships to the electricity grid? (EDF);
- How to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from freight transport? (Marseille Fos); How to measure the battery capacity with a low-cost sensor? (Interxion)
Selected companies will, for two or three months, experiment, test and deploy its solution.
Candidates now have until November 30, 2018 to submit efforts. The selection committee of the Smartport Challenge will then select a candidate by challenge on December 13, 2018 and will audition on December 20, 2018, with the winners presented on January 25, 2019. They will benefit from February to April 2019 a period of experimentation to be validated in May 2019.
Source: Le French Smartport in Med
Copyright (C) PortSEurope. All Rights Reserved. 2018.