skip to Main Content

OYAK and NYK to build $110 mln port in northwest Turkey

Istanbul, Turkey (PortSEurope) August 3, 2020 – In 2019, Oyak, the Turkish military’s pension fund, in a joint venture with Japan’s Nippon Yusen (NYK) plans agreed to build a port in northwest Turkey, primarily to serve the local automotive industry. Oyak will hold a 55% stake in the enterprise and NYK the remaining 45%. An investment of $110 million will finance a port in Yarimca in the Kocaeli region, in the far eastern part of…

To continue reading please subscribe or log in.

PortSEurope offers an English-language daily coverage from over 200 ports in the Mediterranean, Black and Caspian Seas as well as a fully indexed and easily searchable database with more than 15,000 articles.

Subscribe now
Back To Top