skip to Main Content
Croatia Reports Increased Cruise Ship Traffic In Jan-Sep 2018

Croatia reports increased cruise ship traffic in Jan-Sep 2018

Croatia Reports Increased Cruise Ship Traffic In Jan-Sep 2018

Zagreb, Croatia (PortSEurope) November 9, 2018 – In the first nine months of 2018, 64 cruise ships visited Croatian ports with a total of 554 visits carrying 834,000 passengers.

Foreign cruise ships saw an increase in the number of journeys by 2.6% over the same period of 2017; the number of passengers on cruisers increased by 10%; and the total number of days of stays decreased by 4.5% compared to the same period of 2017.

The largest number of trips was made under the flags of Bahamas (144 trips) and Malta (128 trips), while the largest number of passengers arrived at ships from Panama (234,000 passengers) and Bahamas (175,000 passengers).

Of the 554 round trips, most trips were made in Dubrovnik-Neretva (55.8%) and Split-Dalmatia (24.7%), which is a total of 80.5%. Other 19.5% of trips were realized in Zadar (6.3%) and Istria (5.8%), Sibenik-Knin (5.2%) and Primorje-Gorski Kotar (2.2%).

The largest number of foreign cruise ships visited the port of Dubrovnik (417 visits), followed by Split (198 visits) and Zadar (100 visits).

Source: State Bureau of Statistics

Copyright (C) PortSEurope. All Rights Reserved. 2018.

Top News

Back To Top