November 21, 2019
CMA CGM has announced the reorganization of its SIRIUS service connecting the Mediterranean with the East Coast of South America, effective during the course of December 2019.
SIRIUS new features are the following:
- The weekly service will be maintained with seven vessels instead of the current eight.
- Malaga, Spain and Buenos Aires, Argentina direct calls will be dropped.
- Service for River Plate ports is maintained in relay with competitive transit times offered by using CMA CGM’s sister company MERCOSUL services.
- Exports from Paranagua will be opened up.
- These changes will be effective as of m/v “MAERSK LOTA” departing Genoa on December 2nd, 2019.
Malta, Genoa, Barcelona, Valencia and Tangiers are European ports of call for the service.
Source: CMA CGM