Constanta, Romania (PortSEurope) July 12, 2019 – The port of Constanta has started making arrangements for forthcoming dredging work.
The dredging works are foreseen within the investment project “Modernizing port infrastructure by ensuring the deepening of the channels and basins and the safety of navigation in Constanta Port”.
Port depth of the basin will be increased from 7 to 9 metres. The project also includes work to protect the quays at the Port of Work.
The project is co-funded by the European Union from the Cohesion Fund through the Large Infrastructure Operational Program POIM (Programul Operațional Infrastructură Mare) 2014-2020, Priority Axis 1 – Improving mobility through the development of the TEN-T network and subway transport.
Note: Priority Axis 1 – Improving mobility through the development of the TEN-T network and the subway (Relevant section)
1.3 Increasing the use of waterways and ports on the central TEN-T network
- Investments to improve navigation conditions on the Danube and on the Danube’s waterways as well as within ports located on the central TEN-T, including the acquisition of multifunctional equipment and vessels for airworthiness on the Danube;
- Modernization and capacity building of ports located on the central TEN-T network, including intermodal and superstructure components;
- Support for beneficiaries in the preparation of the project portfolio for 2014-2020 and post-2020.
- Waterway Administrators and Administrators of Maritime and Coastal Ports, Designated Under Current Legislation, Attributed to Developing Investment Projects, Port Operators;
- Partnerships with other potential beneficiaries;
- The Ministry of Transport.
Copyright (C) PortSEurope. All Rights Reserved. 2019.